You may ask. why and what is a hybrid... Here are some facts:
- The Original TRD shifter had some flaws on its design and is very notchy as reported by many users
- The TRD shifter was only good because of its lowered height compared to oem shifters but the throws were very bad and the bends were off
- People loved our C's shifter reproduction and was declared the best shifter ever made to date. But some was still requesting for a more shorter lever. (Lever height and not throw)
- So we took our best selling C's shifter and combined it with the TRD's height. With this, we have eliminated the "notchy" feel of the original TRD design.
- With all the proper bends and linkage positioning from our original C's design, then combined with the TRD length/height, we believe we have once again made the best shifter lever for the MR2 (sw20)
- The hybrid shifter also has a shorter stroke compared to the TRD. You will experience shorter throws compared to the original TRD. Giving you the best shifting experience ever.
The best selling shifter levers for the sw20
TRD shifters has been discontinued for years. And C’s Japan shifters has been long gone, discontinued and out of business as well. We took both of their original designs, fixed/enhanced some of its features and re-produced the shifter using modern technology and equipment
The discontinued C’s shifter was the best shifter money could buy for the MR2 back in the days. It surpassed even the TRD. Now, it is once again available!
C's was Japan's leader in short shifter design and technology. The exceptional detail and emphasis placed on product quality and performance has earned C's a reputation that is unmatched by any other shifters on the market. C's shifters are used by everyone from professional drivers to enthusiasts.
By altering the geometry of a the OEM shifter, we have re-created the superior shifter design. With a shortened shift stroke, shifts are made quicker and more accurately, resulting in increased performance. These short shifters are designed with the right combination of angle, length, and bends to give your shifts a shorter stroke and the precision needed. Adding this short stroke shifter to your vehicle will not only result in increased performance, it will give your vehicle a more solid and precise feel
What You Get: