State-of-the-art motorsport technology for proven performance on the streets. The independently adjustable compression and rebound damping allows for custom driving set-ups. The exclusive KW patented system has dual-level valves to provide the adjustment of the rebound damping (comfort) and the compression damping (driving dynamics) in the low-speed range. High-speed settings for driving comfort are preset by KW engineers.
- Independently adjustable damping technology (rebound and compression damping)
- "inox-line" stainless steel technology*
- Individual height adjustment
- Infinitely adjustable rebound damping
- 14-level adjustable compression damping
- Unique, independently functioning damping power adjustment
- TÜV-tested adjustment parameters
- High-quality components for long life
- Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
- Front lowering adjustment ranges (min.-max.): 30-60 mm (1.2-2.3 inches)
- Rear lowering adjustment ranges (min-max): 35-70 mm (1.4-2.3 inches)
- Front Spring Rate: 170 (lbs/inch)
- Rear Spring Rate: 400 (lbs/inch)
Based on vehicle specifications, the rebound damping is adjusted by a spindle at the end of the piston rod. Mainly, the traction phase (rebound) controls car body vibrations and influences handling and comfort in the low-speed damping range. By using the traction phase adjustment, the vehicle can be fine tuned to the requirements of the driver. Moreover, driving behavior can be regulated from comfortably rolling to sporty and tense with improved road holding characteristics.
The compression phase adjustment is carried out at the lower end of the shock absorber via KW's patented multi-purpose valve. The large number of pre-set parameters on this valve allow for a wide range of adjustment for individual use. The unique low-speed compression adjustment distinguishes this technology from any other. In this compression range, the driving behavior of the vehicle is drastically influenced. An increase of the damping power supports the vehicle already during compression and therefore avoids rolling and pitching. The directional stability is significantly improved.